The effect of competence and work discipline on employee performance with work motivation as a mediating variable

##plugins.themes.academic_pro.article.main##

Herry Pratama
Harif Amali Rivai
Hendra Lukito

Abstract

This study aims to obtain empirical evidence regarding the effect of competence and work discipline on employee performance with work motivation as a mediating variable at the Regional Revenue Agency of West Sumatra Province. The population in this study were all employees of the Regional Revenue Agency of West Sumatra Province. The sampling technique is the sample method is by probability sampling with a total of 118 samples. The analytical method used is descriptive statistical analysis using SmartPLS 3.0.


The results of the study show that competence and work discipline have a positive and significant effect on employee performance; competence and work discipline have a positive and significant effect on work motivation, work motivation has no effect on employee performance. Competence and work discipline have no effect on employee performance through work motivation as a mediating variable. Based on the results of the determinant coefficient test, the R square value is 0.725, this means that 72.5% of employee performance is explained by competence, work discipline and work motivation. While the remaining 27.5% is influenced by other variables not explained in this study.


This study aims to obtain empirical evidence regarding the effect of competence and work discipline on employee performance with work motivation as a mediating variable at the Regional Revenue Agency of West Sumatra Province. The population in this study were all employees of the Regional Revenue Agency of West Sumatra Province. The sampling technique is the sample method is by probability sampling with a total of 118 samples. The analytical method used is descriptive statistical analysis using SmartPLS 3.0.


The results of the study show that competence and work discipline have a positive and significant effect on employee performance; competence and work discipline have a positive and significant effect on work motivation, work motivation has no effect on employee performance. Competence and work discipline have no effect on employee performance through work motivation as a mediating variable. Based on the results of the determinant coefficient test, the R square value is 0.725, this means that 72.5% of employee performance is explained by competence, work discipline and work motivation. While the remaining 27.5% is influenced by other variables not explained in this study.


 

##plugins.themes.academic_pro.article.details##

How to Cite
Pratama, H., Rivai, H. A., & Lukito, H. (2023). The effect of competence and work discipline on employee performance with work motivation as a mediating variable . Enrichment : Journal of Management, 12(6), 4960-4968. https://doi.org/10.35335/enrichment.v12i6.1157

References

Afrianti, F. (2021). Pengaruh Motivasi Dan Disiplin Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Anggota Kepolisian Pada Satuan Sabhara Di Polres Solok Selatan. 6, 128–140.
Andriyani, P., Siddiq, D. M., Hardjowikarto, D., & Elyani, N. D. (2021). Pengaruh kompetensi , motivasi kerja dan disiplin kerja terhadap kinerja karyawan. 5(2), 189–198.
Belti, J., & Osnardi. (2020). Pengaruh Disiplin Kerja Dan Motivasi Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Pada Perusahaan Daerah Air Minum (Pdam) Kota Bengkulu. Jurnal Manajemen Modal Insani Dan Bisnis, 1(2), 109–116.
Catio, M., & Sunarsi, D. (2020). Analisa Pengaruh Kompetensi, Disiplin Kerja Dan Motivasi Terhadap Kinerja Guru (Smk Sasmita Jaya 1 Pamulang Kota Tangerang Selatan). 17(02), 16–26. https://doi.org/10.25134/equi.v17i02.ABSTRACT
Hafid, H. (2018). Pengaruh Kompetensi, Kepemimpinan Dan Disiplin Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai Pada Samsat Polewali Mandar. DeReMa Jurnal Manajemen, 13(2).
Iswara, I. M., & Subudi, M. (2021). Peran Mediasi MotivasiKerja Dalam Pengaruh Kompensasi Terhadap Semangat Kerja. Jurnal Manajemen Unud, 1083–1111.
Jufrizen, & Hadi, F. P. (2021). Pengaruh Fasilitas dan Disipline Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Melalui Motivasi Kerja. Jurnal Sains Manajemen, 35-54.
Mahendra, I. G. B., & Sadiartha, A. A. N. G. (2021). Pengaruh Motivasi terhadap Kinerja Karyawan dengan Disiplin Kerja sebagai Variabel Mediasi pada PT. Pos Indonesia (Persero) Kota Denpasar. Widya Amrita, Jurnal Manajemen, Kewirausahaan Dan Pariwisata, 1(3), 1043–1056.
Mangkunegara, A. P., & Waris, A. (2015). Effect of Training, Competence and Discipline on Employee Performance in Company (Case Study in PT. Asuransi Bangun Askrida). Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 211, 1240–1251. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.165
Musadieq, M. A., Nurjannah, Raharjo, K., Solimun, & Fernandes, A. A. (2018). The Mediating Effect of Work Motivation on the Influence of Job Design and Organizational Culture Against HR performance. Journal of Management, 452-469.
Ningsih, O. L., Zaki, H., & Hardilawati, W. L. (2022). Pengaruh Motivasi Kerja Dan Lingkungan Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Pada Hotel Dyan Graha Pekanbaru. 2(1), 52–63.
Prabowo, R. H., Fuady, W., & Hidayah, S. (2021). Pengaruh Komitmen Organisasi dan Disiplin Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai Dengan Motivasi Kerja Sebagai Variabel Mediasi Pada Kantor Wilayah Kementerian Agama Provinsi Jawa Tengah. Jurnal Ekonomi Manajemen Dan Akuntansi, 40-56.
Putra, R. N., & Elfiswandi. (2021). Pengaruh kompensasi, lingkungan kerja, dan motivasi kerja terhadap kinerja pegawai dinas pendidikan kabupaten kerinci. 4(1), 24–34.
Rapika, & Sulaiman. (2020). Pengaruh Kompetensi Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai Dimana Disiplin Dan Motivasi Kerja Ssebagai Ppegawai Dimana Disiplin Dan Motivasi Kerja Sebagai Variabel Mediasi Pada Dinas Keuangan Kabupaten Gayo Lues. Jurnal Ilmiah Manajemen Galus, 25-34.
Sekaran, U., & Bougie, R. (2017). Metode Penelitian Untuk Bisnis_Pendekatan Pengembangan Keahlian Buku 2.
Sembiring, H. (2020). Pengaruh Motivasi dan Lingkungan Kerja terhadap Kinerja Karyawan pada Bank Sinarmas Medan. Jurakunman, 13(1), 1–14.
Suarniti, K. S., & Bagia, I. (2022). Pengaruh Kompetensi dan Disiplin Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai. Jurnal Manajemen, 81-89.
Sumbogo, I. A., & Diposumarto, N. S. (2017). PengaruhKompetensi Dan Pelatihan Terhadap Kinerja Pengaruh Kompetensi Dan Pelatihan Terhadap Kinerja Di PT SWC. Jurnal Riset Manajemen Dan Bisnis, 331-340.
Sunarto, A., Qurbani, D., & Virby, S. (2020). Pengaruh Kompetensi, Disiplin Kerja Dan Lingkungan Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pada PT Anugrah Bersama Sejahtera Depok. JIMF (JURNAL ILMIAH MANAJEMEN FORKAMMA), 4(1). https://garuda.kemdikbud.go.id/documents/detail/2114470
Sutrisno, E. (2019). Manajemen sumber daya manusia. Kencana Prenada Media Group.
Tannady, H., Hamdany, M. A., Anggreni, M. A., Assery, S., & Sofyanty, D., Anantadjaya, S. P., Jayanto, I. (2022). Meningkatkan Disiplin Kerja Pegawai dengan Motivasi Sebagai Variabel Mediasi (Studi Kasus Inspektorat Badan Pusat Statistik). Sinta, 3984–4002.
Wau, J., Waoma, S., & Fau, F. (2021). Pengaruh Disiplin Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai di Kantor Somambawa Kabupaten Nias Selatan. Jurnal Ilmiah Mahasiswa Nias Selatan, 203-212.